Bus commuters in the UAE are advised to check on the status of services to their destinations amidst unstable weather conditions.
Dubai’s Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) on Friday announced the suspension of some of its intercity bus routes.
In an advisory, it said its public bus route E315 from Dubai to Sharjah and E411 to Ajman will not be operating “until further notice”.
Today’s downpour has brought traffic to a standstill in some parts of the country, as rainwater filled a number of roads.
In Dubai, even the arterial Sheikh Zayed Road had been affected. Those heading to Sharjah were also alerted to a flooded part of the Sheikh Mohamed BIn Zayed Road.
- In pictures: Flooded roads, traffic snarls, and UAE heroes amidst heavy rain
- Roads, cars submerged in water: UAE residents grapple with morning disruptions amid thunderstorms
- UAE rain: What to do if your car gets damaged in bad weather
- Watch: Heavy rains, thunderstorms hit UAE; public safety alert issued
- Rain in Dubai: Did you get this public safety alert?