Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
What's On

New GTA 6 leaked footage shows Jason shooting hoops and causing chaos on the road

August 19, 2026

The best funny and useful Siri commands for iOS and macOS

August 19, 2026

New report says Meta pays influencers to fight social media bans for teens accounts worldwide

August 19, 2026

Supreme put its box logo on JBL’s tiny speakers, because just red wasn’t enough

August 19, 2026

MEES 2026 Returns to Dubai, Bringing Together the Region’s Events Community to Shape What Comes Next

August 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Finance Pro
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian UAE
Subscribe
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
Home » OnePlus may have cancelled a successor to its best foldable phone in a while
Technology

OnePlus may have cancelled a successor to its best foldable phone in a while

By dailyguardian.aeJanuary 12, 20263 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

If you’ve been patiently waiting for the successor to the OnePlus Open, there’s some bad news for you. According to a Smartprix report citing the Indian tipster Yogesh Brar, OnePlus has reportedly canceled plans to launch the purported OnePlus Open 2.

Previously, the foldable was supposed to debut globally in the third quarter of 2026, i.e., between July and September. It would have been the company’s big launch, carrying forward the “Open” brand, before it launches the successor to the popular OnePlus 15 later this year.

Heart break for OnePlus fans!!

RIP OnePlus Open 2..

What you’re missing out on:
– 165Hz displays
– Snapdragon 8 Elite Gen 5
– 50MP triple cameras
– 6,000mAh battery

A version of it lives on as Oppo Find N6 in select markets..

— Yogesh Brar (@heyitsyogesh) January 12, 2026

OnePlus Open 2 could have been an excellent foldable

The Open 2 was reportedly in advanced testing, during which the company finalized its specifications. Believed to be the rebranded version of the Oppo Find N6, the Open 2 could have featured an 8.12-inch 2K foldable display and a 6.6-inch AMOLED cover screen, both with a staggering fast 165Hz refresh rate.

In terms of performance, the foldable could have delivered the peak performance and gaming capabilities of Qualcomm’s latest flagship chipset, the Snapdragon 8 Elite Gen 5. Furthermore, the device was said to include a triple-rear camera setup, 50MP sensors, one of which would have been paired with a telephoto zoom lens.

We would have got a 6,000 mAh battery on a book-style foldable, along with support for 80W wired and 50W wireless charging. However, the bump in specifications and performance would have led to a price increase (the OnePlus Open costs $1,699), further amplified by the impending memory crisis already reshaping the smartphone industry.

This is probably why the company decided to shelve the phone. Had OnePlus launched a foldable with these specifications, it would have stood right next to the purported Galaxy Z Fold 8, possibly even outperforming it with its higher refresh rate, better cameras, and a bigger battery (with support for faster wired and wireless charging).

The premium specs live on, just not under the “Open” lineup

On the brighter side, the hardware-software combination envisioned for the OnePlus Open 2 will continue to live as the Oppo Find N6 available in select markets. Unfortunately, Oppo hasn’t released any Find N series foldables in the United States, and I expect that will be the case this year as well.

From what it looks like, OnePlus may be stepping back from the foldable race, for now.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

New GTA 6 leaked footage shows Jason shooting hoops and causing chaos on the road

The best funny and useful Siri commands for iOS and macOS

New report says Meta pays influencers to fight social media bans for teens accounts worldwide

Supreme put its box logo on JBL’s tiny speakers, because just red wasn’t enough

Cosori Iconic review: The best-looking air fryer your countertop deserves

The Best Ergonomic Office Chairs in 2026

ChatGPT is getting a teen version, and I have a lot of questions

Apple’s camera AirPods may literally tell you when your hair is in the way

The Best Gaming Chairs to Consider in 2026

Editors Picks

The best funny and useful Siri commands for iOS and macOS

August 19, 2026

New report says Meta pays influencers to fight social media bans for teens accounts worldwide

August 19, 2026

Supreme put its box logo on JBL’s tiny speakers, because just red wasn’t enough

August 19, 2026

MEES 2026 Returns to Dubai, Bringing Together the Region’s Events Community to Shape What Comes Next

August 19, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest UAE news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest Posts

Cosori Iconic review: The best-looking air fryer your countertop deserves

August 19, 2026

MBRF participates in Istanbul International Arabic Book Fair 2026

August 18, 2026

The Best Ergonomic Office Chairs in 2026

August 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian UAE. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.