Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
What's On

Meta’s facial recognition smart glasses idea just resurfaced in a patent

August 18, 2026

The Pixel 11 gives me three reasons to ditch my iPhone 17, and I’m afraid they’ll work

August 18, 2026

Forget doomscrolling, Gen Z is now scrolling for birds on TikTok

August 17, 2026

Your Mac might have a screen sharing problem, and hackers already know about it

August 17, 2026

FIFA Selects Globant to Create a Continuous Fan Experience Ecosystem for Football Fans Using AI Pods Powered by Glob.AI

August 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Finance Pro
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian UAE
Subscribe
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
Home » Boko Haram attack on village leaves 81 dead in Nigeria – News
World

Boko Haram attack on village leaves 81 dead in Nigeria – News

By dailyguardian.aeSeptember 5, 20242 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Suspected fighters from Boko Haram attacked a village in northeastern Nigeria and left multiple people dead, with the members of the group setting fire to shops and homes during the assault, Al Jazeera reported.

The attack took place on Sunday afternoon.


Local official Bulama Jalaluddeen said that the attack claimed 81 lives. “It has been established that at least 81 people were killed in the attack,” Jalaluddeen said.

However, resident Modu Mohammed, who lives in Mafa, said several more residents were missing and estimated the death toll at more than 100. He said some corpses were still in the bush.



However, contrary to the official reports, Mafa resident Modu Mohammed said that several residents remain unaccounted for and estimated the death toll to exceed 100.

Around 150 suspected Boko Haram members armed with rifles attacked Mafa ward. “Around 150 suspected Boko Haram terrorists armed with rifles and RPGs (rocket-propelled grenades) attacked Mafa ward on more than 50 motorcycles,” said Dungus Abdulkarim, a police spokesman in Yobe State where the village is located.

“They killed many people and burnt many shops and houses. We are yet to ascertain the actual number of those killed in the attack,” Abdulkarim added, according to Al Jazeera.

According to Abdulkarim, the attack on Mafa ward appeared to be a revenge assault by Boko Haram, retaliating against the local vigilantes who had previously killed two of the group’s suspected fighters.

The officials also said that efforts were continuing to confirm the number of people killed in Mafa.

“Fifteen bodies had already been buried by their relatives by the time soldiers reached Mafa for the evacuation of the corpses. In addition to these, some unspecified number of dead victims from nearby villages who were caught up in the attack were taken and buried by their kinsmen before the arrival of the soldiers. Many people are still missing and their whereabouts unknown,” local official Jalaluddeen said, Al Jazeera reported.

Yobe bears the brunt of a 15-year insurgency by Boko Haram and other extremist groups, which has claimed tens of thousands of lives and displaced over two million people. The militant groups have strengthened alliances with gangs of criminals known as “bandits,” who kill and abduct residents and burn homes after looting them, Al Jazeera reported.


Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Teenager stabbed 50 times, burned alive in Marseille: Prosecutors – News

Starmer says Israel-Hamas war hit Britain’s community ties – News

Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson refuses to say Trump lost 2020 election – News

Trump on the stump, Harris hits airwaves in razor-edge US election – News

India’s ruling party set to lose two state elections, exit polls show – News

Shooting attack in Israel: One killed, 10 injured as gunman opens fire at bus station – News

Tens of thousands protest in Morocco ahead of October 7 Israel attack anniversary – News

Tunisians vote in election, with main rival to President Saied in prison – News

Iran’s Khamenei decorates commander for Israel attack – News

Editors Picks

The Pixel 11 gives me three reasons to ditch my iPhone 17, and I’m afraid they’ll work

August 18, 2026

Forget doomscrolling, Gen Z is now scrolling for birds on TikTok

August 17, 2026

Your Mac might have a screen sharing problem, and hackers already know about it

August 17, 2026

FIFA Selects Globant to Create a Continuous Fan Experience Ecosystem for Football Fans Using AI Pods Powered by Glob.AI

August 17, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest UAE news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest Posts

America’s breakout wildfire app has much bigger disasters in its sights

August 17, 2026

Rasasi Expands Its Global Hawas Collection with the Launch of Hawas Gold Digger

August 17, 2026

Cracking your Galaxy Z Fold 8 Ultra screen could cost $639, so handle it carefully

August 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian UAE. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.