Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
What's On

The Pixel 11 gives me three reasons to ditch my iPhone 17, and I’m afraid they’ll work

August 18, 2026

Forget doomscrolling, Gen Z is now scrolling for birds on TikTok

August 17, 2026

Your Mac might have a screen sharing problem, and hackers already know about it

August 17, 2026

FIFA Selects Globant to Create a Continuous Fan Experience Ecosystem for Football Fans Using AI Pods Powered by Glob.AI

August 17, 2026

America’s breakout wildfire app has much bigger disasters in its sights

August 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Finance Pro
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian UAE
Subscribe
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
Home » Hostage guards operating under new instructions: Hamas – News
World

Hostage guards operating under new instructions: Hamas – News

By dailyguardian.aeSeptember 4, 20242 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Hamas’ armed wing said on Monday that since June the group has been operating under new instructions on how to handle hostages should Israeli forces approach their locations in Gaza.

The announcement comes days after the Israeli military recovered the bodies of six hostages from a tunnel in the southern Gaza city of Rafah, saying they had been shot dead by their captors as Israeli forces got close.


Abu Ubaida, spokesperson for Hamas’ Al Qassam Brigades, did not provide details on what the instructions were. He said his group holds Israel responsible for the hostages’ deaths.

The new instructions, Ubaida said, were given to guards of hostages after a rescue operation by Israel in June. At that time, Israeli forces freed four hostages in a raid in which dozens of Palestinians, including women and children, were killed.



“Netanyahu’s insistence to free prisoners through military pressure, instead of sealing a deal, means they will be returned to their families in shrouds. Their families must choose whether they want them dead or alive,” he said.

Later on Monday, the Hamas armed wing published a pre-recorded video of one of the six dead hostages. It was unclear when the video was made.

Netanyahu said in a press conference on Monday that the hostages had been shot in the back of the head, and promised that Hamas would pay a heavy price.

Senior Hamas official Sami Abu Zuhri said Netanyahu’s accusations against Hamas were an attempt to escape responsibility for their deaths.

“Netanyahu killed the six prisoners and he is determined to kill the remaining ones. The Israelis should choose between Netanyahu or the deal,” Abu Zuhri said.

Similarly, Ezzat El Rashq, a member of the Hamas political bureau, said in a statement published by the group on Monday: “The resistance’s hostages can immediately return to their families, the stalling their return and responsible for their lives is Netanyahu.”

Israel and Hamas have failed to reach a deal that would end the war and see the release of Israeli and foreign hostages held by Hamas in Gaza in return for many Palestinians jailed by Israel.

Hamas wants an agreement to end the war and get Israeli forces out of Gaza while Netanyahu says the war can only end once Hamas is defeated.


Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Teenager stabbed 50 times, burned alive in Marseille: Prosecutors – News

Starmer says Israel-Hamas war hit Britain’s community ties – News

Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson refuses to say Trump lost 2020 election – News

Trump on the stump, Harris hits airwaves in razor-edge US election – News

India’s ruling party set to lose two state elections, exit polls show – News

Shooting attack in Israel: One killed, 10 injured as gunman opens fire at bus station – News

Tens of thousands protest in Morocco ahead of October 7 Israel attack anniversary – News

Tunisians vote in election, with main rival to President Saied in prison – News

Iran’s Khamenei decorates commander for Israel attack – News

Editors Picks

Forget doomscrolling, Gen Z is now scrolling for birds on TikTok

August 17, 2026

Your Mac might have a screen sharing problem, and hackers already know about it

August 17, 2026

FIFA Selects Globant to Create a Continuous Fan Experience Ecosystem for Football Fans Using AI Pods Powered by Glob.AI

August 17, 2026

America’s breakout wildfire app has much bigger disasters in its sights

August 17, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest UAE news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest Posts

Rasasi Expands Its Global Hawas Collection with the Launch of Hawas Gold Digger

August 17, 2026

Cracking your Galaxy Z Fold 8 Ultra screen could cost $639, so handle it carefully

August 17, 2026

Union Coop and ABER Launch Mobile Vehicle Inspection Service

August 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian UAE. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.