Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
What's On

Dubai Anesthesia Conference 2026: Key Insights

August 20, 2026

Huawei wants to make small phones cool again, and you’ll want one, too

August 20, 2026

GEMS students deliver another exceptional year of GCSE results, with a third of entries securing top grades

August 20, 2026

Just got a Pixel 11? These are the best accessories I’d put my money on

August 20, 2026

Beautyworld Dubai Returns: Global Makeup Icons to Headline

August 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Finance Pro
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian UAE
Subscribe
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
Home » India: 6 dead, 47 missing after cloudburst, flash floods in Himachal – News
World

India: 6 dead, 47 missing after cloudburst, flash floods in Himachal – News

By dailyguardian.aeAugust 3, 20242 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

A total of six people have lost their lives and 47 are still missing after a cloudburst and following flash floods in the Kullu, Mandi and Shimla regions of Himachal Pradesh.

On Friday afternoon, the Himachal Pradesh State Emergency Operation Centre provided a situation report at the three affected places for the past 36 hours, which showed the summary of damage and loss on the intervening nights of July 31 and August 1.


According to the report, Mandi has witnessed the most casualties with five, followed by Kullu with one. Shimla so far has reported no casualties.

Stay up to date with the latest news. Follow KT on WhatsApp Channels.






The report also mentioned that Shimla has the highest number of missing people so far at 33, followed by Kullu at nine and Mandi at six.

A total of 55 people had been evacuated to relief camps and 25 people reported being stranded.

Sixty-one houses were fully damaged, as the report stated, with 42 houses being partially damaged. In both cases, the majority of the damage was seen at Kullu.

In the wake of the catastrophic incident, the state government, led by Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu, had earlier mobilised rescue and relief efforts. Addressing the media amidst ongoing rescue operations, Sukhu emphasised the gravity of the situation.

Later, on his visit to the affected areas, Sukhu said that 49 people were missing and four bodies had been recovered from the affected areas.

“We will provide all possible help and relief to victims of the disaster… 49 people are missing and 4 bodies have been recovered… Restoration work is underway,” he said.

The information about the cloud burst was received by the District Disaster Management Authority early Thursday morning, which took place near the hydropower project in Samej Khad in Jhakri, Rampur.

Deputy Commissioner Anupam Kashyap said as soon as the information about the incident was received, the NDRF team, SDRF team, police, and rescue team left for the site of the incident.



Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Teenager stabbed 50 times, burned alive in Marseille: Prosecutors – News

Starmer says Israel-Hamas war hit Britain’s community ties – News

Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson refuses to say Trump lost 2020 election – News

Trump on the stump, Harris hits airwaves in razor-edge US election – News

India’s ruling party set to lose two state elections, exit polls show – News

Shooting attack in Israel: One killed, 10 injured as gunman opens fire at bus station – News

Tens of thousands protest in Morocco ahead of October 7 Israel attack anniversary – News

Tunisians vote in election, with main rival to President Saied in prison – News

Iran’s Khamenei decorates commander for Israel attack – News

Editors Picks

Huawei wants to make small phones cool again, and you’ll want one, too

August 20, 2026

GEMS students deliver another exceptional year of GCSE results, with a third of entries securing top grades

August 20, 2026

Just got a Pixel 11? These are the best accessories I’d put my money on

August 20, 2026

Beautyworld Dubai Returns: Global Makeup Icons to Headline

August 20, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest UAE news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest Posts

Meta’s smart glasses are the latest weapon for school bullies

August 20, 2026

The minimalist phone is slowly turning back into a smartphone

August 20, 2026

7X and UAEV approve first six EV charging station sites across NXN facilities

August 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian UAE. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.