Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
What's On

YouTube is making view counts bigger, but creators aren’t getting any richer

August 18, 2026

Viture Pro 2 review: Affordable glasses that I loved more for work than play

August 18, 2026

Apple just accidentally revealed its camera-equipped AirPods

August 18, 2026

CMF’s next earbuds are coming, and I have a pretty good guess what they are

August 18, 2026

Apple Wallet driver’s licenses are coming to North Carolina, but there’s a catch

August 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Finance Pro
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian UAE
Subscribe
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
Home » Israeli military intelligence head leaves post, takes responsibility for Oct. 7 failure – News
World

Israeli military intelligence head leaves post, takes responsibility for Oct. 7 failure – News

By dailyguardian.aeAugust 22, 20242 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Israel’s outgoing head of military intelligence took responsibility for his country’s failures to defend its border on Oct. 7 at his resignation ceremony on Wednesday.

Major General Aharon Haliva, a 38-year veteran of the military, announced his resignation in April and was one of a number of senior Israeli commanders who said they had failed to foresee and prevent the deadliest attack in Israel’s history.


“The failure of the intelligence corps was my fault,” Haliva said at the ceremony on Wednesday, and he called for a national investigation “in order to study” and “understand deeply” the reasons that led to the war between Israel and Hamas.

Stay up to date with the latest news. Follow KT on WhatsApp Channels.



The Oct. 7 attack badly tarnished the reputation of the Israeli military and intelligence services, previously seen as all but unbeatable by groups such as Hamas.

In the early hours of the morning of Oct. 7, following an intense rocket barrage, thousands of fighters from Hamas and other groups broke through security barriers around Gaza, surprising Israeli forces.

According to Israeli tallies, some 1,200 Israelis and foreigners were killed in the attack, most of them civilians, and about 250 were taken into captivity in Gaza. Some 109 hostages are believed to still be in Gaza, around a third of whom are thought to be dead.

Israel’s retaliatory military offensive has killed at least 40,173 people in Gaza.

The head of the armed forces, Lieutenant-General Herzi Halevi, and the head of the domestic intelligence agency Shin Bet, Ronen Bar, both accepted responsibility in the aftermath of the attack but have stayed on while the war in Gaza has continued.


Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Teenager stabbed 50 times, burned alive in Marseille: Prosecutors – News

Starmer says Israel-Hamas war hit Britain’s community ties – News

Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson refuses to say Trump lost 2020 election – News

Trump on the stump, Harris hits airwaves in razor-edge US election – News

India’s ruling party set to lose two state elections, exit polls show – News

Shooting attack in Israel: One killed, 10 injured as gunman opens fire at bus station – News

Tens of thousands protest in Morocco ahead of October 7 Israel attack anniversary – News

Tunisians vote in election, with main rival to President Saied in prison – News

Iran’s Khamenei decorates commander for Israel attack – News

Editors Picks

Viture Pro 2 review: Affordable glasses that I loved more for work than play

August 18, 2026

Apple just accidentally revealed its camera-equipped AirPods

August 18, 2026

CMF’s next earbuds are coming, and I have a pretty good guess what they are

August 18, 2026

Apple Wallet driver’s licenses are coming to North Carolina, but there’s a catch

August 18, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest UAE news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest Posts

E-Paper Works Best When Almost Nothing Is Happening

August 18, 2026

Meta’s facial recognition smart glasses idea just resurfaced in a patent

August 18, 2026

The Pixel 11 gives me three reasons to ditch my iPhone 17, and I’m afraid they’ll work

August 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian UAE. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.