Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
What's On

Razer’s new limited-edition Huntsman keyboard offers you a premium build at an equally premium price

February 20, 2026

Claude in PowerPoint expands to Pro subscribers with connector support and double usage promo

February 20, 2026

Copilot is coming to your Windows taskbar and File Explorer

February 20, 2026

WhatsApp’s latest feature makes it easier for you to bring new group chat members up to speed

February 20, 2026

AMD’s next Ryzen chips could hit 24 cores for the first time

February 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Finance Pro
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian UAE
Subscribe
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
Home » Rafael Nadal will reveal his comeback plans soon after missing nearly all of 2023
Sports

Rafael Nadal will reveal his comeback plans soon after missing nearly all of 2023

By dailyguardian.aeNovember 17, 20233 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Rafael Nadal is sure he’ll be returning to competition after missing nearly all of 2023 with a hip injury that required surgery. And now he says he’ll be revealing his comeback plans soon.

Nadal wrote Thursday on social media: “I confirmed yesterday I’ll be back” and punctuated that message with a smiling emoji.

“Stay tuned,” he continued in the Instagram post, which included a photograph of him about to hit a backhand. He said that in the coming days he will “decide and announce with my team when and where” everyone can expect to see him in action.

Next season begins in late December, with the year’s first major tournament, the Australian Open, scheduled to begin main-draw matches on January 14.

“For the world of tennis, no doubt that it’s amazing news that he’ll be back,” Novak Djokovic said at the ATP Finals in Turin, Italy.

Nadal, whose 22 Grand Slam singles titles rank second to Djokovic’s 24 for the most among men, has not played on tour since last January, when he hurt his hip flexor during a loss to Mackenzie McDonald in the second round of the Australian Open.

In May, a little more than a week before the start of his beloved French Open, Nadal announced that he would miss the tournament he’s won a record 14 times and wasn’t exactly sure when he might return to play.

He said then he hoped to compete in 2024, which he expected to be his final season.

“You never know how things will turn out,” Nadal said at a news conference at the time, “but my intention is that next year will be my last year.”

He wound up having arthroscopic surgery in June in Barcelona.

Dating to the end of 2022, the 37-year-old Spanish left-hander has lost seven of his past nine matches, including going 1-3 this season.

With Roger Federer, who won 20 majors, having announced his retirement in 2022, and Nadal missing much of this year, Djokovic was the only member of the so-called Big Three of men’s tennis who was active throughout 2023 — and the 36-year-old from Serbia was dominant, particularly at the Grand Slam tournaments. He won the Australian Open, French Open and US Open and reached the final at Wimbledon.

“I think it would be nice for the sport to have at least one more match between Nadal and me. That’s the biggest rivalry in terms of the amount of matches played that this sport ever had. Hopefully that can happen,” Djokovic said. “He’s a big warrior. He’s somebody that really never gives up. With all the injuries that he had, keeps going. That’s definitely something that you have to respect and admire about him and his spirit.”

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Dubai: 13-year-old hopes to play international cricket after watching India-Pakistan match – News

Football legend Figo hails Abu Dhabi’s status as global sports hub – News

Dubai Basketball head coach looks on the bright side after defeat to Mega MIS – News

Gauff beats Muchova in straight sets to win China Open – News

Dubai breaks attendance record in a T20 World Cup group game – News

Root looking beyond England run record in first Pakistan Test – News

Fury vows to go ‘destroy mode’ in rematch with Usyk – News

Pope confident Woakes can lead new-look England pace attack in Pakistan – News

Rayan Ahmed sets his sights high as he targets AAC victory for the UAE in the 2025 Dubai showdown – News

Editors Picks

Claude in PowerPoint expands to Pro subscribers with connector support and double usage promo

February 20, 2026

Copilot is coming to your Windows taskbar and File Explorer

February 20, 2026

WhatsApp’s latest feature makes it easier for you to bring new group chat members up to speed

February 20, 2026

AMD’s next Ryzen chips could hit 24 cores for the first time

February 20, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest UAE news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest Posts

BNW Developments and Radisson Hotel Group Announce RAK Central’s First Hotel and Branded Residences

February 20, 2026

Chrome just fixed some of its biggest daily annoyances

February 20, 2026

Sharjah K-12 Enrolment Reaches 251,000 in AY25

February 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian UAE. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.