Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
What's On

Silicon Valley wants AI everywhere. It just doesn’t want us to notice

August 24, 2026

Pixel Watch 5 vs. Galaxy Watch 9 vs. Apple Watch Series 11: There’s more than one way to take your health seriously

August 23, 2026

A new iMac is coming before the end of 2026, but don’t expect much beyond M6

August 23, 2026

Motorola is prepping phones for GrapheneOS but may be priced more than the Google Pixel

August 23, 2026

ASUS’ less powerful Googlebook could still cost a small fortune

August 23, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Finance Pro
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian UAE
Subscribe
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
Home » First civilian dies in US, UK strikes on Yemen – News
World

First civilian dies in US, UK strikes on Yemen – News

By dailyguardian.aeFebruary 26, 20242 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Yemen’s Iran-backed Houthi rebels have reported the first civilian death in US and British air strikes after the latest round of joint raids over the weekend.

One person was killed and eight wounded, the Houthis’ official news agency said late on Sunday, a day after US and British forces said they fired on 18 targets across the country.

The US-British strikes were in response to dozens of Houthi drone and missile attacks on Red Sea shipping since November, which the rebels say are in solidarity with Palestinians in the Gaza war.

Stay up to date with the latest news. Follow KT on WhatsApp Channels.

“The American-British aggression on the district of Maqbana in the governorate of Taiz has left one civilian dead and eight wounded,” the Houthis’ Saba agency said, citing a statement from the health ministry.

The Houthis, who control war-torn Yemen’s most populated areas, have previously reported the death of 17 of their fighters in the Western strikes targeting military facilities.

The Houthi attacks have had a significant effect on traffic through the busy Red Sea route, forcing some companies into a two-week detour around southern Africa. Last week, Egypt said Suez Canal revenues were down by up to 50 per cent this year.

Washington, Israel’s vital ally, gathered an international coalition in December to protect Red Sea traffic. It has launched several rounds of strikes as well as four joint raids with Britain, which began last month.

The Houthis initially said they were targeting Israel-linked shipping in the Red Sea and adjoining Gulf of Aden, but then declared that US and British interests were also ‘legitimate’ targets.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Teenager stabbed 50 times, burned alive in Marseille: Prosecutors – News

Starmer says Israel-Hamas war hit Britain’s community ties – News

Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson refuses to say Trump lost 2020 election – News

Trump on the stump, Harris hits airwaves in razor-edge US election – News

India’s ruling party set to lose two state elections, exit polls show – News

Shooting attack in Israel: One killed, 10 injured as gunman opens fire at bus station – News

Tens of thousands protest in Morocco ahead of October 7 Israel attack anniversary – News

Tunisians vote in election, with main rival to President Saied in prison – News

Iran’s Khamenei decorates commander for Israel attack – News

Editors Picks

Pixel Watch 5 vs. Galaxy Watch 9 vs. Apple Watch Series 11: There’s more than one way to take your health seriously

August 23, 2026

A new iMac is coming before the end of 2026, but don’t expect much beyond M6

August 23, 2026

Motorola is prepping phones for GrapheneOS but may be priced more than the Google Pixel

August 23, 2026

ASUS’ less powerful Googlebook could still cost a small fortune

August 23, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest UAE news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest Posts

I found a solution to the features Apple Notes has been missing for years

August 23, 2026

EXCLUSIVE: Joel Edgerton and Jennifer Connelly tease ‘beautiful chaos’ in Dark Matter season 2

August 23, 2026

Samsung’s Galaxy S27 Ultra redesign is giving me serious iPhone vibes

August 23, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian UAE. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.