Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
What's On

The sideloading workaround Google promised months ago is finally rolling out

August 19, 2026

Snowflake to showcase the future of Agentic Enterprise at LEAP 2026

August 19, 2026

Pixel 11 just got more expensive, but Google may have found a way to stop the bleeding

August 19, 2026

Najm and Solera Partner to Accelerate AI-Powered Claims Transformation Across Saudi Arabia

August 19, 2026

Intel’s next laptop CPUs could get a huge cache upgrade with Razor Lake

August 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Finance Pro
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian UAE
Subscribe
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
Home » Britain withdraws families of Beirut embassy staff amid rising tensions – News
World

Britain withdraws families of Beirut embassy staff amid rising tensions – News

By dailyguardian.aeAugust 5, 20242 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Britain on Sunday said it had withdrawn the families of embassy staff in Beirut due to the volatile security situation in Lebanon and reiterated a call for citizens in the country to leave given the risk of escalation in the Middle East.

“We are deeply concerned with the highly volatile security situation in Lebanon,” a foreign office spokesperson said, saying additional consular officials, border force and military personnel had been deployed to the region.


“We have also temporarily withdrawn the families of officials working at the British Embassy Beirut… All British nationals should leave Lebanon now, while commercial routes are still available.”

Stay up to date with the latest news. Follow KT on WhatsApp Channels.






On Saturday, the UK government urged its citizens in Lebanon to leave the country immediately, amid fears of mounting tensions between Israel and Hezbollah and a broader regional conflict.

Hezbollah’s leader said the group will definitely respond to Israel’s killing of its top commander, after Israel’s military announced late on Tuesday that it had killed Fuad Shukr, whom it named as Hezbollah’s most senior commander and whom it blamed for an attack at the weekend that left a dozen youngsters dead in the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights.

Hezbollah has traded near-daily cross-border fire with Israeli forces since Oct 7 after Israel launched a military campaign in the Gaza Strip.

The violence since October has killed at least 518 people in Lebanon, including at least 104 civilians, according to an AFP tally.



Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Teenager stabbed 50 times, burned alive in Marseille: Prosecutors – News

Starmer says Israel-Hamas war hit Britain’s community ties – News

Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson refuses to say Trump lost 2020 election – News

Trump on the stump, Harris hits airwaves in razor-edge US election – News

India’s ruling party set to lose two state elections, exit polls show – News

Shooting attack in Israel: One killed, 10 injured as gunman opens fire at bus station – News

Tens of thousands protest in Morocco ahead of October 7 Israel attack anniversary – News

Tunisians vote in election, with main rival to President Saied in prison – News

Iran’s Khamenei decorates commander for Israel attack – News

Editors Picks

Snowflake to showcase the future of Agentic Enterprise at LEAP 2026

August 19, 2026

Pixel 11 just got more expensive, but Google may have found a way to stop the bleeding

August 19, 2026

Najm and Solera Partner to Accelerate AI-Powered Claims Transformation Across Saudi Arabia

August 19, 2026

Intel’s next laptop CPUs could get a huge cache upgrade with Razor Lake

August 19, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest UAE news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest Posts

Bab Al Qasr Residence 65 Nominated in 4 Categories for Arabian Property Awards

August 19, 2026

Windows 11’s latest update has become a gamble for gamers

August 19, 2026

How PlanRadar AI Agents Automate Project Management

August 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian UAE. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.