Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
What's On

The secret CIA connection behind NeXT’s survival and Jobs’ return to Apple

August 21, 2026

The JISULIFE Ultra2 out-cools Dyson’s handheld fan, and here’s why it’s the one to buy this summer 

August 21, 2026

I tried the Pixel 11 Pro’s Magic Capture on my cat, and I love each hilarious frame

August 21, 2026

X-Sense SC07 and SCO7W Review: Reliable, affordable, and peace of mind

August 21, 2026

I upgraded from the M1 to the M5 MacBook Air, and the speakers got worse

August 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Finance Pro
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian UAE
Subscribe
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
Home » Bulgaria fireworks depot explosions toll rises to four – News
World

Bulgaria fireworks depot explosions toll rises to four – News

By dailyguardian.aeJuly 29, 20242 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The toll from a series of explosions at a fireworks depot near Bulgaria’s capital Sofia rose to four on Sunday as investigators recovered two more bodies from the site.

They are believed to be the 22-year-old son of the owner and a 60-year-old employee, who had been missing since the series of blasts at six warehouses near the small town of Elin Pelin, just outside Sofia, on Thursday evening.


Since then, authorities had been scrambling for information on the exact number of people inside the warehouses at the time of the explosions.

“Two burnt bodies were found at the site of the accident, presumably of the two men, who were known to have been in the warehouses when the accident occurred,” the public prosecutor’s office announced after entering the site for the first time on Sunday.






It said the bodies were yet to be identified.

The deaths of a 49-year-old pyrotechnics expert at the company and his 20-year-old daughter, who had been receiving hospital treatment for severe burns and smoke inhalation, had previously been reported.

A night guard and a young man, who was also there, had managed to escape unscathed.

Interior Minister Kalin Stoyanov told journalists earlier on Sunday that explosive experts had entered the area and secured one warehouse that had not been affected by the explosions.

The fortified building contains large stocks of professional pyrotechnics and fears that it might explode had prompted the authorities to set off an alert and order the partial evacuation of a nearby village.

The 150 people who had to leave their homes on Thursday night were allowed to return on Friday.







Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Teenager stabbed 50 times, burned alive in Marseille: Prosecutors – News

Starmer says Israel-Hamas war hit Britain’s community ties – News

Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson refuses to say Trump lost 2020 election – News

Trump on the stump, Harris hits airwaves in razor-edge US election – News

India’s ruling party set to lose two state elections, exit polls show – News

Shooting attack in Israel: One killed, 10 injured as gunman opens fire at bus station – News

Tens of thousands protest in Morocco ahead of October 7 Israel attack anniversary – News

Tunisians vote in election, with main rival to President Saied in prison – News

Iran’s Khamenei decorates commander for Israel attack – News

Editors Picks

The JISULIFE Ultra2 out-cools Dyson’s handheld fan, and here’s why it’s the one to buy this summer 

August 21, 2026

I tried the Pixel 11 Pro’s Magic Capture on my cat, and I love each hilarious frame

August 21, 2026

X-Sense SC07 and SCO7W Review: Reliable, affordable, and peace of mind

August 21, 2026

I upgraded from the M1 to the M5 MacBook Air, and the speakers got worse

August 21, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest UAE news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest Posts

ChatGPT can now read your Apple Messages chats on Mac

August 21, 2026

GTA 6 may have a second leaker with access to internal files

August 21, 2026

Arada’s First Gold Coast Project: A Gateway to Luxury Living

August 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian UAE. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.