Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
What's On

The JISULIFE Ultra2 out-cools Dyson’s handheld fan, and here’s why it’s the one to buy this summer 

August 21, 2026

I tried the Pixel 11 Pro’s Magic Capture on my cat, and I love each hilarious frame

August 21, 2026

X-Sense SC07 and SCO7W Review: Reliable, affordable, and peace of mind

August 21, 2026

I upgraded from the M1 to the M5 MacBook Air, and the speakers got worse

August 21, 2026

ChatGPT can now read your Apple Messages chats on Mac

August 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Finance Pro
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian UAE
Subscribe
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
Home » Israeli forces advance in south Gaza, more people displaced – News
World

Israeli forces advance in south Gaza, more people displaced – News

By dailyguardian.aeJuly 29, 20244 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Israeli forces sent tanks deeper into areas in the Gaza Strip’s south on Sunday as fighting with Hamas-led militants raged, and Gaza health officials said Israeli military strikes had killed 66 Palestinians across the enclave in the past 24 hours.

Tanks pushed deeper into the three towns of Al-Karara, Al-Zanna, and Bani Suhaila, in the east of Khan Younis in southern Gaza, and medics said at least nine Palestinians were killed earlier on Sunday by Israeli military strikes in those areas.


Stay up to date with the latest news. Follow KT on WhatsApp Channels.

Residents said fierce fighting could be heard in eastern areas of Khan Younis where the army was operating. The new incursions caused thousands more families to leave their homes and head to overcrowded areas in Al-Mawasi to the west, and north to Deir Al-Balah.






Later on Sunday, two separate Israeli air strikes on Khan Younis killed at least 15 Palestinians, medics said.

One air strike on a tent area in the Mawasi district killed five people including a four-month-old girl named Maria Abu Ziada. Al-Mawasi in western Khan Younis is a humanitarian-designated area where the Israeli army has been ordering Palestinians from other places to go.

The Israeli military said it was checking the report.

Another air strike on a house at the centre of Khan Younis city killed 10 people, health officials said.

Over the past few days, Israel’s military said the raid in eastern Khan Younis was in response to renewed attacks, including rocket firing, from those areas and to prevent Hamas from regrouping. It said forces killed dozens of militants in the area and destroyed military infrastructure.

Meanwhile, in Rafah, near the border with Egypt, Israeli forces advanced deeper into the northern parts of the city, where they have yet to take full control.

Tanks also shelled some areas in the central Gaza Strip including Bureij camp, Nuseirat camp and the Juhr El-Deek village.

In the Tel Al-Hawa suburb of Gaza City, where Hamas’ armed wing said fighters battled Israeli forces operating there, an Israeli air strike killed for Palestinians, medics said.

On Sunday, CIA Director William Burns was expected to meet in Rome with his Israeli and Egyptian counterparts and Qatar’s prime minister for talks on a Gaza ceasefire and the release of hostages by Hamas.

Hamas wants a ceasefire agreement to end the war in Gaza, while Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vows the conflict will stop only once Hamas is defeated.

Israeli public broadcaster Kan said Israel’s response to the latest proposal was handed to Washington on Saturday ahead of the expected meeting – the latest effort to reach an agreement after months in which Israel and Hamas have blamed each other for the stalemate.

Israel said on Sunday it would strike hard against Hamas ally Hezbollah after accusing Iran-backed Hezbollah of killing 12 children and teenagers in a rocket attack on a football field in the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights.

The attack escalated tensions in the hostilities, which have been fought in parallel to the Gaza war and have raised fears of a full-blown conflict between the heavily armed adversaries.

More than 39,000 Palestinians have been killed in the Israeli offensive in Gaza, according to local health authorities, who do not distinguish between fighters and non-combatants.

Israel, which has lost 328 soldiers in Gaza combat, estimates that fighters account for about a third of the Palestinians killed since it launched its military offensive in response to a Hamas-led attack in southern Israel in October.

About 1,200 people were killed and 250 were taken hostage in the Oct. 7 attack, according to Israeli tallies.







Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Teenager stabbed 50 times, burned alive in Marseille: Prosecutors – News

Starmer says Israel-Hamas war hit Britain’s community ties – News

Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson refuses to say Trump lost 2020 election – News

Trump on the stump, Harris hits airwaves in razor-edge US election – News

India’s ruling party set to lose two state elections, exit polls show – News

Shooting attack in Israel: One killed, 10 injured as gunman opens fire at bus station – News

Tens of thousands protest in Morocco ahead of October 7 Israel attack anniversary – News

Tunisians vote in election, with main rival to President Saied in prison – News

Iran’s Khamenei decorates commander for Israel attack – News

Editors Picks

I tried the Pixel 11 Pro’s Magic Capture on my cat, and I love each hilarious frame

August 21, 2026

X-Sense SC07 and SCO7W Review: Reliable, affordable, and peace of mind

August 21, 2026

I upgraded from the M1 to the M5 MacBook Air, and the speakers got worse

August 21, 2026

ChatGPT can now read your Apple Messages chats on Mac

August 21, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest UAE news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest Posts

GTA 6 may have a second leaker with access to internal files

August 21, 2026

Arada’s First Gold Coast Project: A Gateway to Luxury Living

August 21, 2026

Wave Browser Links Everyday Browsing to Ocean Cleanup

August 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian UAE. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.