Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
What's On

ChatGPT can now read your Apple Messages chats on Mac

August 21, 2026

GTA 6 may have a second leaker with access to internal files

August 21, 2026

Arada’s First Gold Coast Project: A Gateway to Luxury Living

August 21, 2026

Wave Browser Links Everyday Browsing to Ocean Cleanup

August 21, 2026

U.S. users can now vibe-code and share mini-games with Meta’s Pocket app

August 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Finance Pro
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian UAE
Subscribe
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
Home » ‘Just little kids’: Taylor Swift reacts after shocking UK stabbings – News
World

‘Just little kids’: Taylor Swift reacts after shocking UK stabbings – News

By dailyguardian.aeJuly 31, 20243 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

U.S. singer Taylor Swift spoke of her horror on Tuesday at the news three girls had been stabbed to death and five other children were critically wounded after a ferocious attack at a dance event in northern England for young fans of her music.

A 17-year-old male is in police custody on suspicion of murder and attempted murder after the incident at the “Taylor Swift yoga and dance workshop” in Southport, north of Liverpool, a summer vacation event for children aged from six to 11 on Monday morning.


Police on Tuesday confirmed a third child had died as a result of injuries sustained in the attack. The three victims were girls aged six, seven and nine. Eight other children also suffered stab wounds and five remained in a critical condition.

Stay up to date with the latest news. Follow KT on WhatsApp Channels.






Two adults were also critically wounded attempting to protect the young victims, police said. Witnesses described what they saw as being like a scene from a horror film.

“The horror of yesterday’s attack in Southport is washing over me continuously and I’m just completely in shock,” Swift wrote on Instagram.

“These were just little kids at a dance class. I am at a complete loss for how to ever convey my sympathies to these families.”

Her fans have raised more than 50,000 pounds ($64,000) online to help families of the victims and for the hospital where some of the children were being treated.

British Prime Minister Keir Starmer called the attack, which police are not treating as terrorism-related, “horrendous” while King Charles and his family expressed their shock at what had happened.

Merseyside Police said the motive was unclear but said they were not looking for anyone else in connection with the stabbings.

The incident shocked Southport, a quiet seaside town, and interior minister Yvette Cooper was one of many who paid sombre visits to the scene on Tuesday to lay flowers.

“There will be deep distress right across the country as well as here in Southport for this appalling, just truly horrific attack because it’s beyond every parent’s worst nightmare,” she told broadcasters.

Cooper said it was important the police followed every possible angle in their investigation, amid fevered speculation on social media about the suspect, who was born in Cardiff and lived in a nearby village.

“A name has been shared on social media in connection with the suspect in the incident in Southport,” police said. “This name is incorrect and we would urge people not to speculate on details of the incident while the investigation is ongoing.”







Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Teenager stabbed 50 times, burned alive in Marseille: Prosecutors – News

Starmer says Israel-Hamas war hit Britain’s community ties – News

Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson refuses to say Trump lost 2020 election – News

Trump on the stump, Harris hits airwaves in razor-edge US election – News

India’s ruling party set to lose two state elections, exit polls show – News

Shooting attack in Israel: One killed, 10 injured as gunman opens fire at bus station – News

Tens of thousands protest in Morocco ahead of October 7 Israel attack anniversary – News

Tunisians vote in election, with main rival to President Saied in prison – News

Iran’s Khamenei decorates commander for Israel attack – News

Editors Picks

GTA 6 may have a second leaker with access to internal files

August 21, 2026

Arada’s First Gold Coast Project: A Gateway to Luxury Living

August 21, 2026

Wave Browser Links Everyday Browsing to Ocean Cleanup

August 21, 2026

U.S. users can now vibe-code and share mini-games with Meta’s Pocket app

August 21, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest UAE news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest Posts

One-third of the web is showing signs of AI authorship, thanks to ChatGPT

August 20, 2026

United Foods Company reports strong Q2 2026 results as net profit quadruples to AED 18.6 million

August 20, 2026

Google missed the plot with HiLight on the Pixel 11 Pro, but an app just unlocked it

August 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian UAE. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.