Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
What's On

I tried the Pixel 11 Pro’s Magic Capture on my cat, and I love each hilarious frame

August 21, 2026

X-Sense SC07 and SCO7W Review: Reliable, affordable, and peace of mind

August 21, 2026

I upgraded from the M1 to the M5 MacBook Air, and the speakers got worse

August 21, 2026

ChatGPT can now read your Apple Messages chats on Mac

August 21, 2026

GTA 6 may have a second leaker with access to internal files

August 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Finance Pro
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian UAE
Subscribe
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
Home » Lebanon FM says diplomatic efforts ongoing to rein in awaited Israeli retaliation – News
World

Lebanon FM says diplomatic efforts ongoing to rein in awaited Israeli retaliation – News

By dailyguardian.aeJuly 30, 20242 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

A flurry of diplomatic activity is underway to contain an expected Israeli response against Hezbollah, Lebanon’s top diplomat said, after an attack blamed on the group killed civilians in the annexed Golan Heights.

On Sunday, Israeli Defence Minister Yoav Gallant had vowed to “hit the enemy hard” after rocket fire from Lebanon killed 12 minors, raisings fears the war in Gaza could spread.


Israel has accused Lebanon’s Hezbollah movement of firing a Falaq-1 Iranian rocket, but the Iran-backed group — which has regularly targeted Israeli military positions — said it had “no connection” to the incident.

Lebanese Foreign Minister Abdallah Bou Habib said the United States, France and others were trying to contain the escalation, in an interview late Sunday with local broadcaster Al-Jadeed.






“Israel will escalate in a limited way and Hezbollah will respond in a limited way… These are the assurances we’ve received,” Bou Habib said.

Lebanese Prime Minister Najib Mikati had also said that “talks are ongoing with international, European and Arab sides to protect Lebanon and ward off dangers,” in a statement Sunday.

The rocket fire in Majdal Shams, whose population is Arabic-speaking Druze, prompted Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to return early from the United States.

On Sunday, the White House said the deadly rocket fire was “conducted by Lebanese Hezbollah”.

National Security Council Spokeswoman Adrienne Watson also said the US had been “in continuous discussions” with Israel and Lebanon since the attack.

Hezbollah has traded near-daily cross-border fire with Israel in support of Hamas since the Palestinian militant group’s October 7 attack on southern Israel triggered war in the Gaza Strip.

It has evacuated positions in south and east Lebanon after Israeli threats of reprisals, a source close to the group told AFP.

The cross-border violence since October has killed at least 527 people in Lebanon, according to an AFP tally, most of them fighters but also including 104 civilians.

On the Israeli side, 22 soldiers and 24 civilians have been killed, according to Israeli authorities.







Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Teenager stabbed 50 times, burned alive in Marseille: Prosecutors – News

Starmer says Israel-Hamas war hit Britain’s community ties – News

Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson refuses to say Trump lost 2020 election – News

Trump on the stump, Harris hits airwaves in razor-edge US election – News

India’s ruling party set to lose two state elections, exit polls show – News

Shooting attack in Israel: One killed, 10 injured as gunman opens fire at bus station – News

Tens of thousands protest in Morocco ahead of October 7 Israel attack anniversary – News

Tunisians vote in election, with main rival to President Saied in prison – News

Iran’s Khamenei decorates commander for Israel attack – News

Editors Picks

X-Sense SC07 and SCO7W Review: Reliable, affordable, and peace of mind

August 21, 2026

I upgraded from the M1 to the M5 MacBook Air, and the speakers got worse

August 21, 2026

ChatGPT can now read your Apple Messages chats on Mac

August 21, 2026

GTA 6 may have a second leaker with access to internal files

August 21, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest UAE news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest Posts

Arada’s First Gold Coast Project: A Gateway to Luxury Living

August 21, 2026

Wave Browser Links Everyday Browsing to Ocean Cleanup

August 21, 2026

U.S. users can now vibe-code and share mini-games with Meta’s Pocket app

August 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian UAE. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.