Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
What's On

Emirates NBD Enhances Employee Benefits with New MoU

August 19, 2026

Framework’s cheapest laptop just got serious about taking on the MacBook Neo

August 19, 2026

Claude can now reply to and send Gmail messages on your behalf

August 19, 2026

Sony’s $220 PlayStation speakers pack one feature I wish every desktop setup had

August 19, 2026

New GTA 6 leaked footage shows Jason shooting hoops and causing chaos on the road

August 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Finance Pro
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian UAE
Subscribe
  • Home
  • UAE
  • What’s On
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
  • More
    • Editor’s Picks
    • Press Release
Daily Guardian UAEDaily Guardian UAE
Home » Lebanon’s Hezbollah launches drone attacks on Israel, says more to come – News
World

Lebanon’s Hezbollah launches drone attacks on Israel, says more to come – News

By dailyguardian.aeAugust 7, 20242 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Lebanon’s armed group Hezbollah launched a series of drone and rocket attacks into northern Israel on Tuesday but warned that its much-anticipated retaliation for Israel’s killing of a top commander last week was yet to come.

Hezbollah said it launched a swarm of attack drones at two military sites near Acre in northern Israel, and also attacked an Israeli military vehicle in another location.


The Israeli military said a number of hostile drones were identified crossing from Lebanon and one was intercepted. It said several civilians were injured to the south of the coastal city of Nahariya. Reuters TV footage showed one impact site near a bus stop on a main road outside the city.

In a statement, the Israeli military said sirens sounded around Acre but that turned out to be a false alarm. It said its air force struck two Hezbollah facilities in south Lebanon.






Fears are rising that the Middle East could be tipped into full-blown war following vows by Hezbollah to avenge Hezbollah commander Fuad Shukr’s killing, and by Iran to respond to the assassination in Tehran last week of the head of Palestinian militant group Hamas.

A Hezbollah source told Reuters that “the response to the assassination of commander Fuad Shukr has not yet come.”

Earlier on Tuesday, four people were killed in a strike on a home in the Lebanese town of Mayfadoun, nearly 30 km north of the border, medics and a security source said.

Two additional security sources said those killed were Hezbollah fighters, but the group had not yet posted its usual death notices.

Hezbollah and the Israeli military have been trading fire for the last 10 months in parallel with the Gaza war, with the tit-for-tat strikes mostly limited to the border area.

Last week, Israel killed Shukr, Hezbollah’s senior-most military commander, in a strike on the group’s stronghold in the southern suburbs of Lebanon’s capital Beirut.

Hezbollah’s leader, Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah, vowed revenge but said the response would be “studied.”



Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Teenager stabbed 50 times, burned alive in Marseille: Prosecutors – News

Starmer says Israel-Hamas war hit Britain’s community ties – News

Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson refuses to say Trump lost 2020 election – News

Trump on the stump, Harris hits airwaves in razor-edge US election – News

India’s ruling party set to lose two state elections, exit polls show – News

Shooting attack in Israel: One killed, 10 injured as gunman opens fire at bus station – News

Tens of thousands protest in Morocco ahead of October 7 Israel attack anniversary – News

Tunisians vote in election, with main rival to President Saied in prison – News

Iran’s Khamenei decorates commander for Israel attack – News

Editors Picks

Framework’s cheapest laptop just got serious about taking on the MacBook Neo

August 19, 2026

Claude can now reply to and send Gmail messages on your behalf

August 19, 2026

Sony’s $220 PlayStation speakers pack one feature I wish every desktop setup had

August 19, 2026

New GTA 6 leaked footage shows Jason shooting hoops and causing chaos on the road

August 19, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest UAE news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest Posts

The best funny and useful Siri commands for iOS and macOS

August 19, 2026

New report says Meta pays influencers to fight social media bans for teens accounts worldwide

August 19, 2026

Supreme put its box logo on JBL’s tiny speakers, because just red wasn’t enough

August 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian UAE. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.